Frequently Asked Question
If you are opening Thunderbird for the first time, a screen will pop up asking you to add a new account.
If you have used Thunderbird before, and have other accounts already configured, you have first click on Email under Set up an Account:
- First, enter your name as you want it show when you email your contact(s)
- Enter your email address next, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next, enter your password as you were given or entered
- Ensure that the checkbox Remember password is checked
- Click on Continue
- Thunderbird will then try to look up a configuration, and might give you mail.yourdomain.com for in- and outgoing mail servers (e.g. mail.randomdomain.sx).
- Click on the button Manual Config
- You can enter the information as displayed below:
- For Username, please enter your full email address, e.g. email@example.com (for both Incoming and Outgoing).
- Once entered, click Re-test. If entered correctly, it will find no errors
- Now hit Done. Enjoy!